Position type: Unpaid intern, college credit, volunteer hours
Hours: 10-20 hrs a week
Reports to: Director of Creative Media & Marketing
Department: Agency Advancement
About Lutheran Social Services of New York:
Lutheran Social Services of New York is a multi-faceted agency dedicated those in need throughout the Greater New York City are by providing quality Children’s, Community, & Education services.
Description of position:
Intern will help develop a series of marketing campaigns and create a variety of print and digital materials for agency programs. This includes but is not limited to event invitations & signage, direct mailings, digital media design, presentation design, infographics, posters & flyers. This is a fast paced environment that demands high quality work and a quick turn-around rate.
What we’re looking for:
– Must be either currently enrolled/enrolling in an undergrad or graduate program, or have 1-2 years min experience in a related field (i.e. social media, advertising, new media, marketing).
– A detail oriented designer with a strong sense of color, typography and layout.
– Hardworking, dedicated and a collaborative spirit.
– Strong visual communication skills.
– Ability to multi-task.
– Takes initiative, organized and task oriented.
– Strong critical thinking skills.
– Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign preferred.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
– Digital photography a plus but not required.
– HTML/CSS knowledge a plus but not required.
– Illustration a plus but not required.
– Final Cut Pro & Adobe After Effects a plus but not required.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio/link to online portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.