Lutheran Social Services of New York has developed a wide range of LIFE programs to assist people as they overcome barriers and meet specific life challenges and events. The agency’s outreach ministry provides a variety of LIFE (Lutheran Initiatives For Enrichment) Services to touch the lives of immigrants, the hungry, victims of domestic violence, older adults, orphans, children in foster care and troubled youth. LIFE services also provide resources to congregations and other agencies to promote volunteerism, leadership development and community partnerships.
Please apply to one of the open positions below or click here to view all open positions.
Case Manager - Community House
POSITION: Case Manager – Community House
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Social Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Non-Exempt Salaried
The Case Manager promotes client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, and service facilitation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Carry caseload (total # to be determined).
- Represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and uphold agency Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Link clients with appropriate providers and resources throughout the continuum of health and human services and care settings based on the needs and values of the client. Escort clients to scheduled and unscheduled psychiatric/medical care.
- Ensure that clients receive safe, effective, client-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable care. Maintain a non-judgmental, unbiased approach.
- Organize, facilitate, and escort as needed for on/off-site activities in addition to managing a minimum of two ongoing groups. Track client participation in the client record.
- Conduct unit inspections and ensure proper follow-up to findings, assisting clients as needed.
- Maintain client records as “audit-ready” at all times, as required by program funding sources. This includes, but is not limited to, recording progress notes, constructing service plans, updating medical and mental health information, and completing psychosocial assessments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years in human services or HS Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years in human services
- Working knowledge of issues related to homelessness, HIV, substance abuse, mental illness, and entitlements
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good spoken and written expression.
- Good time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
- Flexible, able to work some holidays and weekends.
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships with clients and positive working relationships within LSSNY and with external agencies.
- Proficient in internet navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Crisis intervention skills.
- Willing to participate in continuing education.
This position description contains the major responsibilities required to perform this job. These responsibilities may change at any time to meet the needs of our clients, residents or agency.
HOW TO APPLY
All cover letters and resumes can be submitted to: Fitzroy Sobers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Case Manager” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action Plan:
LSSMNY is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce at all organizational levels. It is the company’s policy not to engage in employment discrimination against any person employed or seeking employment with LSSMNY on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, citizenship, or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, merit increase, salary, training and development, demotion and separation.