Lutheran Social Services of New York
Saturday – December 3, 2016
10 am – Noon *Lunch to Follow*
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING: The membership of Lutheran Social Services of New York will gather at 10:00 am on December 3, 2016, at 475 Riverside Drive, Sockman Lounge (Lobby Level), for the Annual Meeting of the corporation. At the Annual Meeting, our Board of Directors and Member Congregations will elect a new slate of voting members to help lead LSSNY in the coming years. LSSNY is proud to announce this year’s Kujenga Jamii (“Building Community”) Award Recipients: Lutheran Women’s Missionary League, Pastor Marsh Luther Drege of Seafarers & International House and New York Disaster Interfaith Services. As is our tradition, we will end the meeting promptly at noon, when lunch will be served – we hope you will join us!
Please RSVP by November 30th to James Darden at 212-870-1146 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage your participation during the meeting. Please submit any suggestions or topics you would like covered and/or questions you would like answered, and we will be sure to address your interests.
Please note there is no parking in the garage for the next few months due to ongoing renovations.
- Welcome, Recognition and Opening Prayer
- Call to Order, Certification of Quorum, Approval of Minutes from 2015
- President’s Annual Report
- Kujenga Jamii Awards Ceremony
- Lutheran Women’s Missionary League: “Faith Community & Ministry Partner Award”
- Pastor Marsh Luther Drege, Seafarers & International House: “Worker in the Vineyard”
- New York Disaster Interfaith Services: “Good Samaritan Award”
- Treasurer’s Report
- Voting & Election
- Report from the Credentials Committee
- Board of Directors Election
- Adoption of the Election Procedure
- Appointment of the Tellers
- Slate of Nominations
- Election Results – Report from the Tellers
- Installation of 2017 Board of Directors
- General Questions & Answers
- Old & New Business